Planning to practice Yoga for a month? Good News from India.
Indian Government has announced ‘VISA ON ARRIVAL’ to citizens of 43 countries.
Eligible Countries for Visa on Arrival:
Australia, Brazil, Cambodia, Cook Islands, Djibouti, Fiji, Finland, Germany, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Laos, Luxembourg, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Myanmar, Nauru, New Zealand, Niue Island, Norway, Oman, Palau, Palestine, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Russia, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Thailand, Tonga, Tuvalu, UAE, Ukraine, USA, Vanuatu, Vietnam
1. International Travellers whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sight seeing, casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment or casual business visit.
2. Passport should have at least six months validity.
3. International Travellers should have return ticket or onward journey ticket, with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.
4. International Travellers having Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin may please apply for regular Visa at Indian Mission.
5. Not available to Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders.
About Visa on Arrival:
This single-entry tourist visa is valid for 30 days, and a traveler may apply twice in a year. You can’t extend this visa, or apply for it more than twice in a year.
1. Apply online, which will include a copy of your passport and a photograph.
Passport should have at least six months validity (as already said under eligibility)
Photograph in the application should show a front view of your full face from the top of your hair to the bottom of your chin, centered within the frame and with your eyes open. Make sure there are no shadows on the face or background, and upload a square image without borders — against a white or light background — as a JPEG file between 10 KB and 1 MB in size.
2. Pay Visa Fee online with registered number on the online application.The visa on arrival will cost $60
3.A-screening process follows, and within 72 hours, you will know if your visa application has been approved. Once that’s done, print a copy of the “electronic travel authorization” ETA, you receive via email, and take it with you to present when you land at one of nine international airports across India (Bangalore, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai and Trivandrum)
4.At the airport, an immigration official will take your fingerprint and, everything being in order, you’ll be cleared to enter the country.
You should have a return ticket as well as enough money to spend during your stay in India.